Culture of Excellence Development Programme. The 7 steps in action for Leading European Manufacturing Exporter
HOW CONICON SUPPORTED THIS PROJECT:
The development of a culture of excellence is something very crucial and important in order to achieve the organization’s strategic and corporate goals.
The Culture of Excellence Development Programme implemented at a leading European manufacturing exporter consists of 7 stages:
- Clear formulation of the vision and values with the involvement of everyone within the organization. This can be achieved through structured workshops in which the Management and other staff would take part.
- Interpretation of the vision and values in a language that is understandable by everyone within the organization.
- Drafting of a Workplace Code of Conduct. This can be achieved through structured workshops.
- Identification of change “fans” in all organizational levels.
- Design a two-way and efficient communication and feedback system.
- Design and implementation of metrics(climate survey, observations tracking) initially to determine the baseline(where are we today) and afterwards to measure improvement.
- Design and implementation of practical actions for daily reminders, energizers and rewards for the implementation of the Code. This includes daily behavioural actions as well as visual aids such as posters, charts etc.
Such a program takes 6-9 months in order to be designed and implemented in an organization that consists of 150-200 staff members. It’s important to mention that the commitment and involvement of Top Management is essential!